Stellenausschreibung: IT Administrator (f/m/d)
- Berlin or Bonn | as soon as possible
- Full-time | fixed-term (2 years)
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The International Rescue Committee Deutschland is part of the IRC global network. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve.
IRC Germany was established in 2016 in order to further enhance the profile of the German humanitarian and development sector and to provide further opportunities for advocacy on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment, IRC-DE has grown rapidly and has representations in Bonn and Berlin. It is working with major German statutory donors, like the German Federal Foreign Office, KfW, and GIZ. IRC-DE is also cooperating with German civil society organizations. The IRC in Europe also has offices in Brussels, Stockholm, Geneva, and London, and a sister organization in The Hague.
The IT Administrator (f/m/d) will be primarily responsible for supporting staff in their use of IT systems and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in the IRC offices in Bonn and Berlin.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC computers and network resources.
- Diagnosis and resolution of routine hardware and software issues.
- Support core IRC applications such as Office 365, Teams and Box and provide 1st line support.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Closely collaborate with International and HQ IT team on helpdesk, connectivity and other in country and global IRC IT projects.
- Create, implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users.
- Installation and configuration of laptops, printers and peripherals.
- Management of software installation either manually or using remote deployment tools.
- Support the rollout of an ERP platform (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Develop and support staff training.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Prepare and submit reports.
- General duties as part of the IRC Germany Operations Team
- At least 2 years’ experience in IT profession
- Relevant qualification and/or experience of networking, including both hardware and software configuration. Ideally MCSE/CCNA level.
- Experience of troubleshooting and frontline support in a busy office environment
- Experience installing, configuring and managing both wired and wireless LAN.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Experience with using Office 365 and with configuring and administering Windows operating systems (Windows Server & Active Directory experience desirable)
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Proficiency in English, German skills are an asset
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics (or similar ERP platform), RPA, excel macros are desirable but not required.
- Being part of a highly motivated, cross-cultural team in a growing organization
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- A number of employee benefits such as company pension scheme, subsidized public transportation, gym membership, snacks and drinks in the office
- 30 days of annual leave per year
- Training and development opportunities
The employment contract will initially be limited to two years with the aim of turning this into a permanent employment relationship.
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV both in English, a minimum of three references) via IRC’s application platform. Please note that applications submitted via E-Mail cannot be considered.
For questions and detailed information about the role, please contact Christine Mader, HR Lead, [email protected].
Please submit your application until 01 November 2020.
Candidates must have the right to work in Germany.
For further information please visit IRCDeutschland.de.
IRC-D strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-D is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We therefore ask you not to include a photo to your application.