Stellenausschreibung: Digital Fundraising Officer (f/m/d)
- Bonn or Berlin
- full-time | fixed-term (24 months)
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The International Rescue Committee has headquarters in New York and London. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. In addition, through 28 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
IRC Germany was established to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. In Europe, the IRC also has offices in London, Brussels, Geneva and Stockholm.
The Mass Marketing team’s mission is to inspire the German public to financially support the IRC to help people impacted by conflict and disaster. The main purpose of the Digital Fundraising Officer (f/m/d) is to support the organization in generating long-term sustainable growth, maximising income and developing a diverse and supporter-centric digital fundraising program.
- Support the development and implementation of IRC Germany’s digital acquisition strategy
- Diversify the current digital channel and product mix
- Identify and develop new digital audience profiles
- Work collaboratively with IRC’s Communications team to maximize fundraising opportunities
- Work closely with IRC colleagues in other national markets (i.e. UK, Sweden, US) to ensure all activity is coordinated and synergies are used
- Accurately forecast, monitor and report on digital income and expenditure budget lines
- Review the effectiveness of activity on an ongoing basis and propose investment / disinvestment where appropriate
- Conduct frequent planning sessions, ensuring all digital activity and project work is aligned with Germany Mass Markets strategic objectives
- Maintain and develop a monitoring and reporting framework for digital acquisition and retention activities and associated KPIs that show the performance of the digital program
- Oversee detailed in-campaign and end-of-campaign reports
- University degree or vocational education in a relevant field
- Two years’ experience in digital marketing, ideally within the charity sector
- Experience of using the Facebook Business Manager to create, monitor and optimize adverts
- Detailed understanding of digital fundraising techniques
- Numerate with excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Experience creating and/or working with designers on the development of image and video content, optimized for social media advertising
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of audience segmentation, analytical modelling such as LTV and use of insights to drive performance
- Knowledge of reporting and monitoring success of ads against key KPIs
- Basic skills in Photoshop or Adobe Premiere
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and fluent in English, Arabic would be an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Commitment to the goals and values of the IRC
- Being part of a highly motivated, cross-cultural team in a growing organization
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- A number of employee benefits including pension scheme, gym membership, subsidized public transport, cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
The employment contract will initially be limited to two years with the aim of turning this into a permanent employment relationship.
Please submit your application via IRCs application platform, including cover letter (with possible start date and salary expectations), CV and three references. Please note that applications submitted via E-Mail cannot be considered.
For questions and detailed information about the role, please contact our HR team at [email protected]
Please submit your application until 11 November 2020.
Candidates must have the right to work in Germany.
For further information please visit IRCDeutschland.de.
IRC-DE strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-DE is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We therefore ask you not to include a photo to your application.