Stellenausschreibung: Deputy Finance Director, HQ Europe/RAI Europe Deployment Lead (m/f/d)
- Berlin or Bonn | as soon as possible
- Full-time | fixed-term (2 years)
The International Rescue Committee helps people, whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster, to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC has defined a new strategic mission and vision, along with information technology infrastructure and applications initiatives and key processes that will deliver to the strategic objectives.
Integra is the IRC’s new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The Deputy Finance Director, HQ Europe/RAI Europe Deployment Lead will be an experienced member of the IRC’s Global Finance team and the Integra Resettlement, Asylum and Integration (RAI) Deployment team. She/He will partner with the Integra HQ Europe/RAI Europe Deployment Team to represent Regional and Global Finance in the pre-deployment, training and post go-live financial support of Integra across our European operations. She/He will work closely with the Senior Director, Global Finance Operations and the ERP, RAI Functional and Deployment Director to ensure that each Europe HQ and RAI Europe office is configured and set up correctly in Integra, and that the country office Finance staff are appropriately trained to effectively operate in the new system.
The Deputy Finance Director, HQ Europe/RAI Europe Deployment Lead will be required to have knowledge of and experience with IRC’s systems and tools, and RAI financial processes and operations. The role reports to the Senior Director, Global Finance Operations.
Work with Europe HQ and RAI Europe Country Office staff in each deployment wave to:
- Collect, analyze, clean and map all relevant master data to appropriate Integra system fields in line with deployment timelines, including Vendor banking information, fixed assets, balances brought forward, etc.
- Contribute to the development of robust procedural documentation for inclusion in the Global Finance Manual.
- Serve as the Finance focal point for each wave of CRRD offices to resolve issues resulting from Integra business processes and procedures.
Oversee ERP Solution Testing for Finance Processes:
- Design the local test cases for end-to-end Finance business processes to be used in capability validation, ensuring that they are country-relevant.
- Conduct the local testing of all Finance system configurations and setups, including workflows.
- Collaborate with Integra’s Business System Analysts to troubleshoot issues that arise as a result of testing.
Lead Process and Systems Training:
- Become an expert on future state business policies and processes and be able to translate these vs. existing business processes.
- Lead the Finance training for all Integra Finance modules for the Europe HQ and RAI Europe Country Office cohort.
- Work with the Global Finance team and the Integra Training Team to enhance training materials and delivery, including quick reference guides.
Provide Post Go-Live Hyper Support to the Finance Organization
- Act as 1st level Finance support for Europe HQ and RAI Europe Country Office Super Users on Finance technical/data-related issues/challenges, including security role set up and workflows.
- Provide additional adhoc training to Finance teams when necessary.
- Coordinate feedback from Europe HQ and RAI Europe Country Finance staff to Regional and Global Finance for future enhancements to the Integra solution.
- Extensive field-based work experience in Finance and Accounting in an international non-profit organization – with experience as a Deputy Director of Finance or Finance Roving Controller capacity within multiple IRC Country Offices or equivalent preferred.
- Proven knowledge of EU and US accounting standards highly desirable; in particular German and UK GAAP.
- Strong understanding of IRC RAI or IRC HQ finance, accounting and business processes.
- Previous experience in training financial accounting and management skills to European staff.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit financial management and reporting.
- Knowledge of and experience with IRC Finance and Accounting applications - SunSystems, Q&A and the online BVA system.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence across functions, e.g. Supply Chain, Program Management, etc.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Must be able to successfully multitask.
- Strong organization, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Intermediate or Advanced MS Excel.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 1-2 years of experience in or exposure to ERP design and implementation.
- Up to 25% Travel required
- Standard office working environment
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV in English, at least three references) via IRCs application platform. Please note that applications submitted via E-Mail cannot be considered.
IRC-D strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-D is committed to equality of opportunity and to inclusivity for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.